WATCH THIS SPACE!
In Term 3 central focus for Te Kakano will be PUTAIAO - Te Ao Turoa; Papatuanuku me Ranginui
- ka ako haere me pehea te ru whenua me te puia e huri ai i te ahua o te takiwa, me nga panga ki te maunga, ki te awa hoki
- ka whakawhitiwhiti whaaro mo Tama-nui-te-ra me te Marama, me nga panga ki a Papatuanuku
We plan to support this learning in TIKANGA-a-Iwi - Te Wahi me te Taiao
- ka whakamarama i nga ahuatanga tuturu me nga ahuatanga ahurea o tetahi wahi
In TE REO MAORI (Literacy) we will be reading/creating Pakiwaitara; discovering in HAUORA - Koiri other people groups have their stories to tell too ie Greek gods linked to the planets
- OLYMPICS ~ being an Olympiad
In PANGARAU we will work with fractions 1/2 & 1/4 - in relation to the moons
In HANGARAU we will look at the processes of papier mache ~ and so in NGA TOI we shall apply that learning and create some AMAZING planets of our own; along with invented names and legends! We may even try our hand at a performance...
No reira, this leads us nicely into another GRAND term of MESSINESS!!!
HOW CAN YOU HELP TE KAKANO in their learning?
- their mihimihi - our whenua, our Maunga, our awa/moana - visiting these places/talking with
- about their atua me nga pakiwaitara
- newspapers WE ARE GOING TO NEED A LOT OF NEWSPAPER!
- pack an old shirt in their school bag - there will be glueing and painting
You may find the following link of interest;Te Kakano will use the initial storytelling of Mauao by Kihi Ngatai as part of our study